What is Degital Signature ?
A digital signature or e-signature for short (not to be confused with a digital certificate) is an electronic signature that can be utilized to authenticate the identity of the sender of a message or the signer of a document, and certainly to ensure that the original content of the message or document that has been sent is the same or unchanged. Digital signatures are easily transportable, cannot be imitated by someone else, and can be automatically time-stamped. Meaning to say, it’s very efficient in view of transacting legal matters. The ability to ensure that the original signed message arrived means that the sender cannot easily repudiate it later.
How it works ?
Assume you were going to send the draft of a certain contract to your lawyer in another town. You want to give your lawyer the assurance that it was unchanged from what you sent and that it is really from you. Here then would be the process:
1. You copy-and-paste the contract (it’s a short one!) into an e-mail note.
2. Using special software, you obtain a message hash (mathematical summary) of the contract.
3. You then use a private key that you have previously obtained from a public-private key authority to encrypt the hash.
4. The encrypted hash becomes your digital signature of the message. (Note that it will be different each time you send a message.)
Advantages of E-Signature
- Imposter prevention: By using digital signatures you are actually eliminating the possibility of committing fraud by an imposter signing the document. Since the digital signature cannot be altered, this makes forging the signature impossible.
- Message integrity: By having a digital signature you are in fact showing and simply proving the document to be valid. You are assuring the recipient that the document is free from forgery or false information.
- Legal requirements: Using a digital signature satisfies some type of legal requirement for the document in question. A digital signature takes care of any formal legal aspect of executing the document.
Documents requirement for CLASS-3B (E-Tendering)
- 1-AUTHORIZE PERSON PAN CARD
- 2- ADDRESS PROOF
- 3- COMPANY PAN CARD
- 4- COMPANY ADD PROOF
- 5- LAST YEAR RETURN ACK.
- 6- CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
- 7-AUTHORIZATION LATTER WHICH IS ON PAGE 4 OF FORM MUST BE PRINT ON COMPANY LATTERHEAD